- Newport Country Club
(401) 846 - 0461
or (401) 935 - 1229
- From Providence Access Route 195 East
Travel 13 miles on 195 to Exit 8A Route 24 South
- (Tiverton - Newport) Follow Route 24 South to Route 114
- Follow 114 South for approximately 8 miles landmarks
you will see are Mc Donalds, Applebees, Dunkin Donuts
- Exactly 2 / 10 of a mile after Dunkin Donuts
- Newport Transportation and Visitors sign (Marlborough
- Follow Marlborough St. thru 2 stop signs to traffic
turn left onto America's Cup Ave.
- At this point you will begin to see signs for Fort Adams
& Ocean Drive (use those signs as your guide)
- Once on America's Cup Ave. go to fifth set of lights
a right onto South Thames St. (landmark - Red Parrot)
- Travel 1 / 2 of a mile and turn right onto Wellington
(landmark Shell Gas Station)
- Travel 8 / 10 of a mile to stop sign (Fort Adams, Ocean
Dr. sign) take right onto Harrison Ave.
- Travel 5 / 10 of a mile to stop sign (Fort Adams, Ocean
sign) and take right onto Ocean Dr.
- Travel 8 / 10 of a mile and bear left at fork in the
- The entrance to Newport CC is 3 / 10 of a mile on your
This is an average length course with
real personality. The greens are undulating on the short holes and
slightly sloped on the long holes. The fairways are narrow,
requiring accurate shot placement if you wish to have a chance at a
birdie or par. This club was originally founded in 1894 and has been
listed by the USGA as one of the first 100 clubs established in the
U.S. It was and named to "GOLF Magazine's" 1995 list of the "First
100 Clubs in America." "Golf Digest" rated this as the 2nd "Best in
State" course for the years 1995 through 1998. In addition, "GOLFWEEK"
chose it 51st in the category of "America's 100 Best Classical
Courses" for 1997, 59th in 1998 and 71st in 1999. The U.S. Open and
the U.S. Amateur tournaments were held here in 1895.